Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Design for Life: Water in Tanzania - January 2020

Access to reliable clean water is one of the greatest challenges facing humanity today. The College of Science and Engineering is offering a global seminar experience that will bring a group of students to Tanzania during January 2020 to get a hands-on engineering challenge with real-world impact.

Travel dates: Thursday, Jan. 2-Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020

Seminar description:

Access to reliable clean water is one of the greatest challenges facing humanity today. The College of Science and Engineering is offering a global seminar experience that will bring a group of students to Tanzania during winter session 2020 to get a hands-on engineering challenge with real-world impact.

During this program, student teams will evaluate community needs and infrastructure to model potable water-handling systems in the beautiful southern highlands regions of Tanzania. Student proposals will be evaluated by a St. Paul non-profit organization with the funding and resources in place to take approved projects to the next level.

The seminar will include a cultural and geographical introduction to Tanzania, its land, and people, as well as a trip to Ruaha National Park, one of the world’s most famous safari destinations.

2 comments:

1. It is awesome opportunity for students. I wish I could do the same when I was a student. I wrote my srudents experience on this website and may be some information could be interesting for you,too.

ReplyDelete
  2. Find here some inspiring life quotes to deal with hard time in your life

ReplyDelete