Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Design for Life: Water in Tanzania - January 2020

Access to reliable clean water is one of the greatest challenges facing humanity today. The College of Science and Engineering is offering a global seminar experience that will bring a group of students to Tanzania during January 2020 to get a hands-on engineering challenge with real-world impact.

Travel dates: Thursday, Jan. 2-Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020

Seminar description:

Access to reliable clean water is one of the greatest challenges facing humanity today. The College of Science and Engineering is offering a global seminar experience that will bring a group of students to Tanzania during winter session 2020 to get a hands-on engineering challenge with real-world impact.

During this program, student teams will evaluate community needs and infrastructure to model potable water-handling systems in the beautiful southern highlands regions of Tanzania. Student proposals will be evaluated by a St. Paul non-profit organization with the funding and resources in place to take approved projects to the next level.

The seminar will include a cultural and geographical introduction to Tanzania, its land, and people, as well as a trip to Ruaha National Park, one of the world’s most famous safari destinations.

1 comment:

1. It is awesome opportunity for students. I wish I could do the same when I was a student. I wrote my srudents experience on this website and may be some information could be interesting for you,too.

ReplyDelete