Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Cliffs of Moher

Today, we went to the iconic Irish landmark—the Cliffs of Moher.
Today, we went to the cliffs of Moher. I was super pumped to see them because they're like THE Irish landmark. But when we got there the fog was a little bit too intense so it was almost impossible to see anything. At the beginning we could see some cliffs, which looked absolutely stunning but the fog got worse and worse until we could barely see 20 yards in front of us. The wind gusts up on the cliffs were pretty incredible, making it very difficult to walk against it at times which I thought was kind of cool but definitely could see how it could be dangerous up there.

I liked the experience of being up on the cliffs and hearing the ocean crash against them from below, but I honestly would have thought it would have been a much more memorable experience if I could see more than 20 yards in front of me. The visitor center was actually very cool. I was kind of surprised in its appearance because it looked like a military bunker from the outside.

My favorite part about the cliffs was probably the tower on the far right side. With the weather and visibility being so poor, the old castle-like tower was the highlight of the cliffs experience.

In this case, the stereotypical Irish weather really rained on my cliffs of Moher parade (yay weather pun).

1 comment:

1. Are you a traveller and would like to visit Morocco? Then, your trip is sure to be hitch-free when you travel through a reliable Morocco tours agency . Explore Morocco trips, and discover the best time and places to visit. Morocco is a country with a mixture of old world charm and a modern Muslim atmosphere. It is a country with a conglomeratofvarious cultures, including African, Berber, British, French, and Spanish. marrakech tours agency Variety of best things to do and see is adverse when you have a trip to Morocco, with a recommended travel Agency in Morocco, like Top Morocco Travel.

ReplyDelete